Chris Connolly will present a paper on e-commerce privacy issues and the Australian Law Reform Commission’s privacy report For Your Information: Australian Privacy Law and Practice (Report 108) at a symposium on 2 October 2008. The symposium, entitled Meeting privacy challenges – the ALRC & NSWLRC Privacy Reviews, will be held by the Cyberspace Law & Policy Centre at the Faculty of Law, University of New South Wales, as part of the Centre’s ‘Interpreting Privacy Principles’ ARC Discovery project and will address:
- Providing a set of Privacy Principles that set a new global standard;
- Building consumer trust in electronic commerce;
- Achieving effective enforcement of privacy rules and remedies for breaches;
- Limiting the growth of a surveillance society; and
- Meeting international standards to facilitate appropriate cross border data transfers
Chris will be the commentator for the session on cross border data transfers.